KTM cleans up on the Argentinean ISDE, successful the General, E1 class, E3 class, Producer’s Group Award and enjoying a key position in Group USA’s Males’s and Girls’s Trophy Group victory.
Only a month in the past, we had been singing the praises of Josep Garcia for wrapping up his third EnduroGP World Chamionship title, and intimated that the 26-year-old can be the person to beat at this 12 months’s Worldwide Six Days Enduro (ISDE) in Argentina. Nicely, guess what? As predicted, the KTM-mounted Spaniard felt proper at dwelling in Argentina’s dry and rocky situations, taking the win not solely within the E1 class, but additionally within the General standings. Extremely, that gave Garcia a hat-trick of General particular person ISDE wins!
Right here’s Pink Bull KTM Manufacturing unit Racing’s PR as they replicate on Garcia’s standout efficiency, together with different notable KTM achievements on the Argentinean occasion…
Based mostly in San Juan, Argentina, the 97th version of the long-lasting Worldwide Six Days Enduro (ISDE) noticed over 340 opponents from 30 nations tackle the dusty, rocky Argentinian terrain. With temperatures within the area touching 40 levels, the 2023 occasion proved extremely difficult, proper from day one.
Regardless of the severity of the climate, and the gruelling particular checks, Garcia instantly felt comfy racing within the warmth and, after a gentle begin on day one, received his head down and received 5 of the six checks to safe an early lead within the total particular person timings.
Day two didn’t fairly go the best way of the Spaniard. Quite a few crashes value him a number of beneficial seconds and Garcia was compelled to accept second place, ending simply over 16 seconds behind closest rival, Andrea Verona.
However on day three, Josep was again on prime, taking the win by simply over 17 seconds. Additional wins on days 4 and 5 noticed Garcia improve his benefit over Verona to simply over one minute – a wholesome cushion going into Saturday and the final day of competitors.
The ultimate day’s motocross went completely for Garcia. Taking an early lead on lap one, he was capable of keep forward of the chasing pack and out of the mud raised by the 38 riders behind. Managing a lot of the race completely from the entrance, Josep was handed on the penultimate lap by FMF KTM Manufacturing unit Racing’s Dante Oliveira however finally introduced his Pink Bull KTM dwelling safely in second place. In doing so, he secured a hat-trick of General particular person ISDE wins.
Josep Garcia: “It’s been a dream come true as soon as once more. It feels wonderful to take my third General win on the ISDE. In fact, I’m unhappy for crew Spain as we weren’t capable of do it this 12 months. However for myself, I’m tremendous comfortable. The entire week has been nice, and I’ve had some actually shut battles with Andrea [Verona]. After which within the remaining motocross, I hit the holeshot with the 250 – I didn’t count on that in any respect with the opposite, larger bikes on the road. Then I used to be capable of keep out entrance for a lot of the moto, however Dante [Oliveira] on his 450 was capable of get previous. After that, I simply tried to maintain calm, end the race, and take the General win. Now it’s time to calm down and rejoice with the crew – it’s been a very robust week.”
The hotly contested World Trophy class went to the US, helped partially by the FMF KTM Manufacturing unit Racing trio of Taylor Robert, Dante Oliveira, and Johnny Girroir. The three Individuals additionally delivered wonderful ends in the person standings, with Oliveira ending on the rostrum in third, Robert simply over one-minute behind in fourth, and Girroir finishing the highest 5.
America crew dominated the Girls’s World Trophy too, with skilled KTM racer, Brandy Richards, main the efforts. Richards additionally topped the ladies’s particular person class, taking the win by over 10 minutes, regardless of carrying an harm for the ultimate two days of racing.
Together with Garcia, Oliveira and Robert additionally introduced dwelling the Producer’s Group Award for KTM, capping off a extremely profitable ISDE for the KTM manufacturing facility groups.
For 2024, the FIM Worldwide Six Days Enduro heads to Spain the place, on dwelling soil, Garcia will likely be aiming to make it an distinctive 4 particular person ISDE wins in a row!
RESULTS – 2023 FIM ISDE
OVERALL INDIVIDUAL CLASSIFICATION
1. Josep Garcia (ESP), KTM, 3:59:29.67
2. Andrea Verona (ITA), GASGAS, 4:00:39.37
3. Dante Oliveira (USA), KTM, 4:05:38.11
4. Taylor Robert (USA), KTM, 4:06:49.31
5. Johnny Girroir (USA), KTM, 4:07:44.03
1. Josep Garcia (ESP), KTM, 3:59:29.67
2. Theophile Espinasse (FRA), Beta, 4:11:35.89
3. Jed Etchells (GBR), Fantic, 4:12:58.14
4. Samuele Bernardini (ITA), Honda, 4:13:45.25
5. Antoine Alix (FRA), Beta, 4:16:17.71
1. Andrea Verona (ITA), GASGAS, 4:00:39.37
2. Dante Oliveira (USA), KTM, 4:05:38.11
3. Taylor Robert (USA), KTM, 4:06:49.31
4. Johnny Girroir (USA), KTM, 4:07:44.03
5. Jamie McCanney (GBR), Husqvarna, 4:08:48.21
1. Loic Larrieu (FRA), KTM, 4:10:48.99
2. Benjamin Herrera (CHI), GASGAS, 4:12:41.82
3. Julien Roussaly (FRA), Sherco, 4:14:20.92
4. Morgan Lesiardo (ITA), Sherco, 4:14:52.14
5. Nicolas Kutulas (ARG), KTM, 4:21:08.16
1. Brandy Richards (USA), KTM, 4:42:15.83
2. Danielle McDonald (AUS), Yamaha, 4:52:26.47
3. Jessica Gardiner (AUS), Yamaha, 4:54:20.93
4. Korie Steed (USA), KTM, 4:58:44.89
5. Tanja Schlosser (GER), Beta, 5:00:55.17
WORLD TROPHY TEAM
1. United States (Robert, Girroir, Oliveira, Martinez)
2. France (Espinasse, Le Quere, Larrieu, Roussaly)
3. Nice Britain (Snow, Watson, Etchells, McCanney)
JUNIOR WORLD TROPHY
1. France (Giraudon, Alix, Joyon)
2. United States (Oliveira, Aiello, Davis)
3. Sweden (Norrbin, Semb, Ahlin)
WOMENS WORLD TROPHY
1. United States (Richards, Steede, Gutish)
2. Australia (Gardiner, Jones, McDonald)
3. FIM LA (Neves, Gonzales, Rodriguez)
MANUFACTURERS TEAM AWARD
1. Pink Bull KTM (Garcia, Robert, Oliveira)
2. Honda (Bernardini, Watson, Martinez)
3. Beta (Espinasse, Joyon, Alix)