As you might need learn, after a immediate from the fellows on the AOMCC FB web page I purchased some new stanchions, and really good they’re too:
Construct it proper, construct it as soon as I say. Listed below are some pits within the previous ones and they’ll destroy the seals in a short time:
These are the unique seal holders – they’re purported to be shiny chrome, and somebody has lower them shorter for some cause. They’re junk now.
I purchased these seal holders on eBay – they’re plated metal, and are very stable. They got here with a set of springs (not the good progressive springs within the background) for £65, so I assumed I had a cut price; the seals themselves are commonplace lip seals, about £5 a pair.
I put them along with a brand new set of Draganfly bushes.
Throughout that construct I discovered the primary stumbling block: the seal holder instrument didn’t match within the holder.
I wanted to show them down by round 2 mm on the diameter. To get them within the lathe, I needed to make a plug so I might regular the top with a centre. The instrument is just too massive to go within the mounted regular.
So now I might put the forks collectively…
Finish plug and backside bush:
Right here’s the subsequent downside, and it’s Recreation Over. One of many seal holders is ok, however this one has the thread out of sq. with the stanchion axis:
So, they had been returned to the vendor, and changed with these from Draganfly. They’re stunning.