Watch the ABR BMW R 1250 GSA evaluation and discover out whether or not the unofficial king of journey bikes actually lives as much as the hype.
The BMW R 1250 GS Journey has topped bike gross sales charts and been a prepared confederate on long-distance journeys all through the globe for years.
From tackling the Highway of Bones to glowing within the sunshine outdoors Starbucks, and all the things in between.
If bike adventures are concerned, likelihood is they’ve been carried out on a GSA.
However does the fact of using BMW’s flagship journey dwell as much as the hype? Is it actually nearly as good as its many, many homeowners say? Or is there a spark off the Emperor’s new garments to the GSA?
To search out out, James spent eight months residing with the massive Beemer, culminating in a 3,000 mile two-up tour of France.
Watch the ABR Verdict beneath to learn the way the BMW GSA performs as a commuter, a weekend tourer, an off-roader, a continental mile-crusher, and as a pillion service.
BMW R 1250 GSA specs
- Engine: 1,254 cc Air/liquid-cooled 4-stroke flat twin engine
- Bore / Stroke: 102.5 mm x 76 mm
- Energy: 136 hp at 7,750 rpm
- Torque: 143 Nm at 6,250 rpm
- Moist weight: 268 kg
- Seat top: 890 mm / 910 mm
- Transmission: Six-speed guide
- Entrance suspension: BMW Motorrad telelever, central spring strut, 210mm journey
- Rear suspension: BMW Motorrad paralever, 220mm journey
- Entrance brakes: 305mm twin discs, 4 piston callipers
- Rear brakes: 276mm single disc, double piston floating callipers
- Tank capability: 30l
If you happen to’ve loved watching our BMW R 1250 GSA evaluation, don’t overlook to subscribe to our YouTube channel to catch all our newest evaluations and content material.
Watch our Honda Africa Twin vs Honda NT1100 evaluation right here.