MotoGP Sepang Check Day One
A busy day of testing began the 2023 season in earnest for the Repsol Honda Crew, coming into their twenty ninth 12 months of competitors within the premier class.
Basic Sepang circumstances greeted them because the lengthy break over Winter formally ended. Temperatures within the excessive 20s persevered all through the day regardless of temporary spots of rain round lunchtime.
Marc Marquez continued the work began in Valencia as he spent his day driving quite a lot of completely different configurations for the Honda RC213V.
The day began aboard the 2022 Honda RC213V for a handful of laps as Marquez set himself a benchmark as he received again as much as MotoGP velocity after a winter of coaching.
Feeling bodily match, the Repsol Honda Crew rider labored from monitor open to trace near assess numerous choices for Honda HRC.
Finishing a complete of 58 laps, the #93 set the twelfth quickest time of the opening day. The scenario on the finish of the Portimao Check stays Marquez’s most important focus.
Marc Marquez – P12
“It was a very busy day, attempting numerous various things such as you usually do within the pre-season. We began first on the 2022 bike simply to verify the sensation after which we jumped straight to the brand new bikes.
“We tried a number of bikes and a few completely different set-ups for them, getting numerous fascinating info and information from it which now the engineers and technicians have to analyse.
“We are going to see what the scenario is on the finish of the pre-season, it has simply been a single day so it is vitally early to grasp something. We’re attempting various things proper now and dealing laborious, it’s what testing is for.”
Using the manufacturing facility Honda machine for simply the primary time for the reason that temporary Valencia Check, Joan Mir’s main goal was to verify the sentiments he had in Spain earlier than starting to work on his testing plan.
Enhancing his velocity all through the day, Mir accomplished 53 laps of the 5.5-kilometre-long Sepang Worldwide Circuit earlier than ending the day with a handful of observe begins. A 1’59.832 noticed the #36 underneath the two’00 barrier on his first day driving the Honda RC213V at Sepang, a stable basis to construct off over the approaching days.
Joan Mir – P17
“For positive it was a demanding day, we did numerous laps and we tried many issues. We haven’t made an enormous step in comparison with Valencia, however we’re taking some steps. The aim is to enhance every day and shut the hole to the highest riders. I’m nonetheless adapting to the bike, however I feel it’s going nicely up to now. There’s numerous info to course of in the mean time, from the technical facet and with regard to my driving. Every little thing is transferring and growing on all sides, we have now to be happy with this primary step however we have to maintain going.”
Motion continues for the second day of testing in Malaysia at present, each Marquez and Mir aiming to proceed preparations for the beginning of the respective 2023 campaigns.
MotoGP Sepang Check Day One Occasions
- BEZZECCHI Marco ITA Mooney VR46 Racing Crew 1’58.470
- VINALES Maverick SPA Aprilia Racing 0.130
- BASTIANINI Enea ITA Ducati Lenovo Crew 0.262
- MARTIN Jorge SPA Pramac Racing 0.267
- BAGNAIA Francesco ITA Ducati Lenovo Crew 0.387
- ESPARGARO Aleix SPA Aprilia Racing 0.471
- ZARCO Johann FRA Pramac Racing 0.496
- DI GIANNANTONIO Fabio ITA Crew Gresini Racing MotoGP 0.551
- MARQUEZ Alex SPA Crew Gresini Racing MotoGP 0.566
- MORBIDELLI Franco ITA Monster Vitality Yamaha MotoGP 0.648
- QUARTARARO Fabio FRA Monster Vitality Yamaha MotoGP 0.952
- MARQUEZ Marc SPA Repsol Honda Crew 0.954
- MARINI Luca ITA Mooney VR46 Racing Crew 0.999
- OLIVEIRA Miguel POR RNF MotoGP Crew 1.260
- FERNANDEZ Raul SPA RNF MotoGP Crew 1.343
- MILLER Jack AUS Purple Bull KTM Manufacturing facility Racing 1.356
- MIR Joan SPA Repsol Honda Crew 1.362
- RINS Alex SPA LCR Honda 1.493
- FERNANDEZ Augusto SPA Tech3 GASGAS Manufacturing facility Racing 1.557
- ESPARGARO Pol SPA Tech3 GASGAS Manufacturing facility Racing 1.608
- BINDER Brad RSA Purple Bull KTM Manufacturing facility Racing 1.615
- NAKAGAMI Takaaki JPN LCR Honda 2.734