As an Amazon Affiliate DirtBikePlanet.com earns from qualifying purchases.
UPDATE 4 Months after buy: My youngsters have completely LOVED this factor! It not often spends an entire day within the storage, as they use it as a substitute bicycle to drive to their buddy’s homes since we dwell within the nation. It’s quick at about 32 miles per hour max, and I’m stunned that I can really slot in it and go along with them simply nice. The one sturdiness points we had are (1) The manufacturing facility set the pin and the dealership couldn’t determine it out to unlock the display screen in order that was some work, and (2) A plastic piece on the again fell off. General, probably the greatest purchases I made this yr.
Tomorrow, I’m driving to a different state to select up a Polaris Ranger 150. I’m not but an proprietor, so the views on this article are nonetheless going off my preliminary impressions and a evaluation of the specs and such, however hopefully, it is going to be useful.
So what’s my evaluation of the Polaris Ranger 150? The all-new Polaris Ranger 150 is–by far–essentially the most interesting choice for a youth UTV proper now. It blows each different choice out of the water. It has superior security choices, is dependable by all reviews, and will be bought for about the identical value as a mud bike. It’s the final machine in your youngsters and teenagers to benefit from the outside.
Learn on for extra particulars on this inventive new answer to the youth UTV market.
What’s New within the Ranger 150?
The stand-out function of the Ranger 150 EFI is the massive digital panel within the heart of the dashboard with security and GPS controls. This enables the mother and father to set a most velocity through their cellphone app after which push the settings to the automobile. Mother and father may also arrange a “geofence,” which suggests a mapped out particular space the place the children can’t go, or the place you need their velocity to be decrease.
The opposite spectacular function of the Ranger 150, and why I imagine it’s far superior to the Razor 170 is the adjustability. The Ranger has seats that slide ahead and again to accommodate your youngsters’ top as they develop, and in addition a steering wheel which manually tilts up and down to regulate for them.
One other good function of the brand new Ranger is that it has bigger wheels. The Ranger 150 has 22″ entrance and rear tires, whereas the tires on the RZR 170 are 19″ and 20″ (entrance and rear). This improves dealing with and permits riders to go over larger bumps.
Ranger 150 vs RZR 170
Advantages of the Ranger 150
- Seats slide forwards and backwards and steering wheel tilts up and right down to accommodate rising youngsters
- Has GPS, geofencing, and the RideCommander app to manage the side-by-side’s max velocity
- Has bigger tires (2 or 3 inches relying on which wheel)
- Higher floor clearance at 8 inches (20cm), in comparison with solely 6 inches (15 cm) on the 170
- Has a devoted payload space with 50-pound (22.7 kg) capability
- Twin A-arm entrance suspension with 5.1 inches of journey, in comparison with the entrance single A-arm on the RZR with 5 inches journey
- Has precise instrumentation! Speedometer, odometer, journey meter, voltage meter, engine temperature, engine hour meter, programmable service interval, engine RPM, geofence standing. The RZR 170? Yeah, it has a totally non-functional STICKER on the sprint that appears like a speedometer! It is a HUGE improve in my view.
Advantages of the RZR 170
- $200 cheaper than the Ranger
- Barely quicker with 20cc bigger engine
- Weighs 531 kilos (241 kg), in comparison with the Ranger’s 672 kilos (305 kg) weight
- In my view, has a greater roll cage
- You will have two coloration choices (inexperienced and white for the present yr). You may choose any coloration Ranger you need, so long as it’s crimson.
- The RZR has a extra aggressive look, in comparison with the Ranger which appears extra like a farm utility automobile
Similarities of the RZR 170 and the Ranger 150
- Each are 2WD
- Each are electronically gas injected
- Each are 4 strokes
- Each have 2.5-gallon gasoline tanks
- Each have hydraulic disc brakes
- Neither have energy steering
- Each have a security score for 10 years outdated and up. One of many dealerships required I present a beginning certificates to show my child was sufficiently old. What!?!? Heck no, I’m not violating my youngster’s privateness to leap via your paperwork, Polaris.
- Neither include a entrance windshield, roof, or brush guard
- Each have daytime operating lights and a single rear LED brake mild
As talked about beforehand, the digital show with GPS options makes this side-by-side a lot safer for teenagers. I can set the velocity restrict within the BLM land of my home to be 22 miles per hour, however limit the velocity restrict outdoors that space to no matter I need. For me, I set the surface velocity restrict to 10 miles per hour. This ensures they drive slowly on the 1/4 mile stretch of road they must drive earlier than attending to the general public land space. Once they go away the geofenced space, it doesn’t disable the automobile, however slows it down. It’s simple to disable the geofence for while you go tenting or journey with it.
The Polarise Trip Command app is how mother and father set the settings. I’ve heard a number of reviews of experiencing glitches, however usually, I’m listening to actually good issues about how the know-how is applied. It’s additionally good to have controls on the digital show so you’ll be able to shortly change the velocity limiter or geofence from within the automobile while you’re within the automobile to manage issues.
Polaris constructed this automobile particularly for an improved security expertise in a youth ATV. You’ll see that in each determination made within the automobile’s design. Nonetheless, I really feel they actually missed the mark on one facet of the automobile’s security. The roll cage, in my uneducated opinion, appears insufficient on the Ranger 150. I’m no engineer. I assure they did a lot of testing on it, however my private view is that they might do much more to beef it up. I wish to see some helps extending to the again of the cargo space and connecting to the highest of the roll cage. As a father or mother, I’m much less assured in letting my youngsters “go for it” with the inventory roll cage.
The truth that the roll cage doesn’t have a further help extending to the cargo space could make it much less in a position to “roll” and thus would make an influence extra abrupt. The RZR 170 has a full roll cage with helps extending diagonally to the again and I really feel it was not sensible to skip that help on this design, however once more that’s simply my private and uneducated opinion. That’s only a father or mother’s view on it.
Additionally, I ponder why Polaris doesn’t embody a hearth extinguisher with their side-by-sides? In my view, that’s type of a no brainer. There may be all the time a slight threat of fireplace when using these automobiles via brush and Polaris has had a number of fire-related remembers prior to now. Looks as if together with a mounted small hearth extinguisher can be a pleasant security improve. Boats and RVs include them.
Worth and Obtainable Equipment
The producer’s instructed retail value of this machine is $5,499 however you’ll be able to discuss most sellers right down to about $4,900 which incorporates two helmets.
There are a variety of optionally available equipment made by Polaris, and lots extra are certain to come back onto the market from third-party corporations over time. Polaris does an excellent job of creating their equipment accessible for the traditional value on Amazon, so they’re simple to purchase.