Ducati “749SS” by Jerem Bikes…
Launched in 2003, the Ducati 749 was the middleweight SuperSport model of the Ducati 999 superbike — some of the polarizing and controversial designs of the fashionable period. Although many Ducatisti disfavored the aesthetics of those Pierre Terblanche bikes, few might deny their efficiency prowess.
A restricted variety of race homologation specials have been constructed to compete with the 600cc SuperSports from Japan — bikes just like the Honda CBR600RR, Kawasaki ZX-6, Suzuki GSX-R600, and Yamaha R6:
“The main race mannequin, the Ducati 749R was produced for one motive solely and that was to compete in SuperSport World Championship Racing with the only intention of competing (and to annihilate) in a category in opposition to the massive Inline-4’s from Japan.” –Timeless 2 Wheels
Whereas the 749 didn’t win any WorldSSP Championships, many riders got here to choose the 749 over the extra highly effective 999:
“The 749 has a type of stability, an addictive precision in its steering, acceleration and braking that makes it a machine that surprises riders with its understated means.” –MCN
Jérémie Duchampt of France’s Jerem Bikes has already developed a few the preferred Ducati customs we’ve ever featured. With this Ducati “749SS” (Tremendous Sport), Jérémie needed to provide the bike an identical makeover to the Ducati 848 café racer he constructed final yr, recalling the long-lasting Ducati Tremendous Sports activities of the Seventies. As he stated then:
“I needed to provide a nod to the grandmother Ducati 750 SS and 900 SS from 1975.”
The angular, virtually origami-like strains of the inventory 749 are lengthy gone, changed with customized bodywork developed alongside extra basic strains.
As with all of Jérémie’s builds, the modifications are in depth. Highlights embrace a chromed body, reconditioned suspension, bespoke bodywork, LED lighting, Ducati Panigale paint, and a set of Ducati Sport Traditional spoked wheels.
Ducati 749SS Tremendous Sport: Construct Sheet
- Unique fork redone
- Entrance and rear spoked rim Ducati sport basic
- Machining of components for adaptation of rims
- New needle steering bearings
- New Brembo rear disc and pad
- Öhlins reconditioned shock absorber
- Rear controls poly chrome foot peg plates
- Precise Customized Brake Hoses
- CNC aluminum rear plate assist
- Clip-on handlebars
- Chrome body and elimination of all unique tabs
- Customized rear loop and tail part
- Oval LED headlight + modified display screen
- LED taillight
- Entrance LED flip alerts + central flashing modification
- LED rear indicators
- LED license plate lighting
- Avia Compositi carbon counter
- The fuses have been moved for higher entry
- Engine cleaned and repainted.
- Excessive efficiency hoses
- Alternative of the totally different fluids
- Tailored rear cowl with built-in tail lamps
- Customized leather-based saddle (Yaya Brush Saddlery)
- Ducati Panigale Pink Paint
- Chrome body and plenty of poly chrome components
- Tailored engine guard
- Customized display screen utterly modified with an oval headlight.
- Tailored modified entrance windshield and recut windscreen to provide a extra flattened impact
- Classic CNC mirrors
- Ducati pink tank, display screen, and rear cowl
- Excessive temperature black brake calipers
- Chrome epoxy body
- Engine, swingarm and so on.
- Higher crown, decrease crown, fork legs in black epoxy
Observe the Builder
Fb: Jerem Bikes
Extra from Jerem Bikes