I am engaged on a number of fronts right here, aiming to search out issues and clear area in order that I can begin on the underside finish of the engine. As soon as that is in, there’s sprucing and plating, cables and wiring.
The nacelle went on comparatively simply, although the trim on the entrance would not match too nicely. That can want finding out:
I deliberate to suit the instrument panel, primarily to keep away from loosing the journey reset cable however I discovered a number of issues:
- the speedo bracket solely matches a method, mainly as a result of it is too vast. I fitted it by elongating the holes however it might be nicer if I made a brand new one.
- the ammeter is a type of – – 0 – + ones, with no numbers. I am unsure that is appropriate.
- the Lucas U39 headlamp swap is broken the place the clip matches – individuals prize these out and the Bakelite breaks.
On the up aspect, each the sunshine swap and the speedometer have PVC cables – possibly the entire bike was wired utilizing that stuff.
Subsequent – working by way of the little baggage of screws, I discover the grub screw for the steering lock, in order that’s fitted:
I handled the bike to a pleasant set of chrome steel handlebars from Draganfly – made in Bungay. The SQ4 has these too and they’re very good.
There’s numerous work to convey the levers as much as scratch although!